1. You don't object ______ my calling you by your first name, do you?
A. in B. of C. on D. to
2. Kate's ambition to become a nurse ______ from a desire to help others.
A. prompted B. promoted C. programmed D. proceeded
3. This book gives a brief ______ of the history of the castle and details of the art collection in the main hall.
A. outline B. reference C. article D. outlook
4. My brother likes eating very much but he isn't very ______ about the food he eats.
A. special B. peculiar C. particular D. unusual
5. Voices were _____ as the argument between the two motorists became more bad-tempered.
A. swollen B. raised C. developed D. increased